Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, June 15, 2009
New Routine
So the alarms went off this morning about simultaneously. I let James get up first and then wandered into the bathroom after him. The only bad thing about this arrangement is that he turns the overhead light on in order to shave; I've always done everything to the light of a nightlight bulb, partially to keep the brighter light from seeping around the bathroom door to awaken him, but mostly because strong light and my eyes don't mix well in the morning.

I turned the light on in the living room and approached Schuyler's cage, calling her name, and heard her hop down out of her swing. You should have seen her face! "You mean you guys are getting up early?"

When I left the house there was a grey cloud cap over the sky, like a monk's tonsure, and when I turned up Spring Road a scarlet-orange sun was peeking out from under it. By the time I reached the freeway exit the clouds were southbound as if God were sweeping them out of the way for the day. But I drove back into them as I went south as well, and now it's cloudy again. All right with me...Mr. Sun and I do not get along.

Labels: ,