Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, May 19, 2009
What's the Problem?

Okay, if it's "required reading," which is usually horrendously depressing or dull, I understand...

But this reminds me of the last day of school at Hugh B. Bain...during the summer you could take out up to ten books...ten of my favorite books! For the whole summer! I not only remember this custom with love, but remember most of the books I took out every summer:
• The Story of Walt Disney by Diane Disney Miller
• The Family Nobody Wanted by Helen Doss
• What Katy Did and What Katy Did at School by Susan Coolidge (this was a tiny book with thin, thin pages, almost as if it were meant to be tucked in a large pocket like in a jumper)
• The Morning of Mankind by Robert Silverberg (an anthropology book)
• Especially Dogs by Gladys Taber
• Have Spacesuit, Will Travel by Robert Heinlein
• A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
• The Chestry Oak by Kate Seredy

Well, can't remember the other two...does it surprise you that I now own all these books? Not me! :-)

Labels: