Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, March 10, 2009
A Warm Welcome It's Not
Every year I tell myself I'm not going to fight it. It's going to get warm, there's nothing I can do about it, I might as well roll with it. In fact, last Monday when my toes were so cold, I was thinking it might be nice to have the temperature edge up a bit higher.

Not this much higher. Not this early. It's been in the 70s for the past few days, up to 80°F yesterday. If the temperature dropped like a rock after sunset, it wouldn't be bad, but it's still in the high sixties when we go to bed and even after a cold spritz in the shower and three fans running in the bedroom, it's hard to sleep. I only had three hours of sleep Sunday night before staying in bed a few more hours Monday morning so I wouldn't be a danger to people on the road. (I've decided I really just need to take the Monday after daylight savings time starts off, as it takes me at least three days to acclimate.) I've got enough leave; it's not like it's a problem, but I really would prefer to sleep well at night instead of playing catchup.

The weather change plays havoc with my emotions, too. It's like premenstrual syndrome. I'm sad, indignant, and fearful by turns, and if the nagging nightmares are going to strike, this is when they'll come to get me. I'm often dogged by things that need to be done repeatedly, or things that are done that don't work out (like a spreadsheet on which the data won't save) when I dream, and I wake up feeling frustrated and exhausted. When it's cool I just sleep.

Willow's wandering about panting as well. One expects her to say, "You think it's easy wandering around in a fur coat in this weather?" LOL.

It's supposed to go back to more seasonable temperatures on Friday. Fine with me.

Labels: