Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, March 22, 2009
Sunday Activities
Sigh. Must I go to bed at 2 a.m. to be able to sleep? And sleep I did, except when James' alarm clock went off. But he made it shut up and we didn't get up until late morning.

We had a few errands to run, which we did: Kroger for my bread for work and a few other things, including the Sunday paper. Like other newspapers, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution is cutting costs, which means the Sunday paper looks like a picked carcass. We also went by the WalMart at the East-West Connector and Powder Springs Road. Friday I picked up a sleeveless top to hang around the house in during the summer; it worked out, so I wanted another. All my sleeveless tops are...gulp...almost seventeen years old. (I remember the date because I bought them for Magicon.) James found some T-shirts with pockets as well.

We also went to BJs. More samples—they must be trying to compete with Costco. Had a pepperoni pizza Hot Pocket, a Milano cookie, a mini-cream puff, some Wensleydale cheese, and some Greek yogurt. I have heard a lot about Greek yogurt, but I wasn't really impressed.

Once we had the groceries home and put up, and I had thrown all the windows open to capture the cool air, I asked James what he wanted to do. He admitted he really wanted some "man cave" time. So he went downstairs for a while after we read the paper and watched The Clark Howard Show which I recorded earlier. We also fixed my America poster in the foyer. It's been sliding sideways in its frame and looked drunken. James took it down and put it back up after I had secured it on its backing.

I also did some craft work and put up the spring decorations. It's not quite time for the Easter decorations yet; possibly next weekend. Scrubbed off the chairs and tables on the deck; they are begrimed from winter, but we can't wash them because of the water restrictions. I almost want to pop them in the truck and take them to one of the do-it-yourself car washes. The ones in the yard have their feet covered with dirt from the rain.

James made some ribs on the grill tonight. These were glazed with pineapple teriyaki sauce and a little honey. Yum! These were eaten with a little French bread and we had a few chocolate-covered nuts (from the Christmas basket from James' mom and sisters), and we watched America's Funniest Home Videos and Extreme Makeover. I have just finished watching a documentary about animals in Yellowstone. The footage was really breathtaking as they followed the different creatures through the seasons—and what a variety! Not just wolves and bison and deer, but bighorn sheep, beaver, red foxes, coyotes, otters, and various varieties of birds including hummingbirds.

Labels: , , ,