Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, February 27, 2009
Damp, Dreary, Depressing
That's the type of day it was, like a day borrowed from November. Not as much work as I wanted accomplished: I couldn't get ahold of one person and couldn't finish another order because it wants shipping costs added to it and I can't obligate funds. Outside it has clouded, rained, drizzled, poured. Even Willow stayed retreated in her crate most of the day.

Listened to the Aureole "Christmas Wishes" today. I heard several of these pieces when XM was doing their "Classical Christmas" channel. Lovely music: this is a trio of women, playing harp, violin, and flute. Most of the offerings are very ethereal, perfect for a day such as today, but there is an occasional mischievous insertion, like one cut that turns into a light jazz tempo.

Labels: ,