Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, January 08, 2009
Interrupted Undecking
I've managed to get a lot done with the post-Christmas "house stripping" despite having lost my lunch hour. I used it to drive into work for an all-hands staff meeting. It was a lovely day for a drive, though; a wide, brilliantly-blue sky overhead and a nice brisk wind. I couldn't believe people were bundling up and shivering—it was in the 50s and absolutely glorious!

Thank God I was listening to the traffic report on the way home because there was a horrendous tractor-trailer truck fire on I-285 west that had spread to the trees at the side of the road. The entire road was blocked except for one lane and it was taking 35 minutes for people to go 4 miles. I had hoped to breeze home, but had to get back via Buckhead, which wasn't bad until I got to West Paces Ferry Road. The scenery is grand, but the traffic was backed up as usual.

Labels: ,