Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, January 15, 2009
Cold Snap
I've been inside most of the day working, but the temperature outside was obvious when I went into the bedroom. For the first time in ages I even shut off the fan!

Even if the window wasn't open, I would have known it never got out of the 30s, as the furnace has been running steadily all day.

When I took Willow out, the cold burrowed its way through my jacket immediately. The metal handle of the gate felt the way an ice tray does when you remove it from the freezer, when your fingers slightly stick to it. It was still daylight, so I hurried out on the deck when we got back in and refilled the bird feeder, hoping the little guys might have another few minutes of stoking themselves up for the cold.

At least it isn't the temperature it is in Minneapolis!

Labels: