Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, December 26, 2008
Frog Hunting
I finally killed a frog this afternoon.

(You know the saying "If the first thing you do each morning is to eat a live frog, you can go through the day with the satisfaction of knowing that that is probably the worst thing that is going to happen to you all day long"? When I used to hang out on alt.recovery.clutter, we started calling any task we didn't want to do "a frog.")

My sink in the bathroom was slow draining again; in fact, it had been for a while. It seemed every time I wanted to take care of it, there was something else that needed doing first. It got to the point that it was the Christmas cards or the gift mailing or the wrapping, etc. or the drain, and of course the Christmas event took the forefront. So I cleaned it out today.

Someone asked me once how I did it. First I clear off the sink area and put some water in the sink, then plunge it with the plunger. Ugh! All sorts of soap scum and hair comes up; you collect the slimy black stuff with a paper towel and dispose. Then I use a box of baking soda and a gallon of white vinegar instead of harsh chemicals like Drano. You put the baking soda down the drain and follow it with application of the vinegar. It causes a chemical reaction that clears away the remainder of the blockage.

Then you apply the "coop de grassy," as Bugs Bunny would say (or is it Daffy Duck...LOL): a pan of boiling water. Then you clean and disinfect the counter and you're done.

More Christmasy matters in Holiday Harbour.

Labels: