Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Linda and the Blustery Day
I was awakened by Willow barking and James saying "You'd better get up; Scott is here."

Sadly, it wasn't Scott Sherwood. LOL. Scott is our exterminator. You see, when it got so cold last week, I walked into the kitchen and found a roach on top of the stove waving its little antennae at me. Smush! Telephone call! I was really freaked out because I hadn't seen a roach in the house for over a year, and here we have a Christmas party coming up soon. Yeah, I know they're probably coming in (a) because it's cold and (b) because we're still in drought conditions, but it doesn't mean I don't want to do anything about it. So Scott spritzed behind the refrigerator and the stove, and sprayed in the garage and near the water heater and on the deck.

Well, I don't know what he put in that spray, but about three hours later (after I watched Nature and gave up on Today...LOL) I went into the kitchen and found a palmetto bug upended on the floor in front of the stove, waving his legs. Smush again!

Got the laundry finished and the bed made and cleaned the bathroom downstairs, but felt I needed a little more exercise than that. So I went out to Hobby Lobby. I got a kick out of the sign that said "Fall items, 90 percent off." The fall items left were on a cart. Can you say "Cleaned out"?

I was still looking for a small table for downstairs. I know what I'm looking for but I haven't seen one yet; what they call a telephone table. I have seen them, but they are built deeper than I want. I may go back to get the cute red one I saw at Ikea, but I won't put it at the foot of the stairs where I need a smaller table. Hobby Lobby has furniture, but nothing suited, and I even looked at plant stands at Lowes, where I went to pick up another bag of safflower seed, but they were too rickety.

On the way home I stopped at WalMart, since I definitely don't want to go there tomorrow or over the weekend! We needed the low-carb tortillas, and I picked up a few other groceries, as well as a folding tray that I can use for the table in a pinch. It's a nice dark color and with the cloth over it, James thought it was a table. Since it's a tray, it will be useful after Christmas as well.

Before I drove into back the garage, I swept it out. This is not the best thing to do when the wind is gusting up to 20 mph! I started chivying the dead leaves and scattered bits of paper toward the doors, only to have the wind blow it back. I finally closed the doors until I was ready to gather up the papers and toss them, then swept the rest of the stray dirt and leaves back outside where it belonged. The wind had been rattling and banging things outside since last night, when the cold front swept the last of yesterday's rain away, but it gradually died down over the afternoon.

Then vacuumed, brought the laundry up, cleaned the stairs and swept the foyer...golly, where did the time go?

Labels: , ,