Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, November 23, 2008
Behind Alistair Cooke
Did anyone catch this on Masterpiece Theatre: The Unseen Alistair Cooke? It was fabulous. After Alistair Cooke passed away in 2004, they found dozens of 8mm films he took of his travels in the 1930s, and many of these are shown on the program, a fascinating glimpse of America in the 1930s. I could have just watched the films all night, but I adored all of it.

Here's a review of The Unseen Alistair Cooke.

I wish I'd thought to DVR this. I can catch the repeat on WPBA, but Dish doesn't carry PBA's digital signal, so I'll get a badly framed fullscreen version instead. Bleah.

Labels: