Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, October 27, 2008
Listen! the wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves;
We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves

                                                                               -- Humbert Wolfe
Don't know about October "eves," but it certainly was a wild October morning. The windowshades were slapping softly against the windowsill when I got up. Outside the wind made leaves scatter past my car headlights like dozens of lemmings racing across the tundra, and when I reached the left turn at Atlanta Road the car was shook by the wind like a giant dog worrying it.

There was an accident at the Brookwood interchange this morning which left traffic at a near standstill: looked like the Hero Truck stopped to help a pickup truck with a trailer and something else happened. The traffic warning signs said only "car stalled," but there were three police cars there and, as I was just rounding the curve, rescue vehicles in my rear-view mirror. I hope no one was seriously hurt. I wouldn't put it past some dingbat coming around that curve too quickly to have hit the Hero worker who was changing a tire or something like that.

Labels: ,