Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, September 17, 2008
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Daytime
Glorioski, it was nice today. It never got over 68°F and there was a small breeze. I had the windows wide open all day. The birds were running riot out at the feeder; the big red-headed woodpecker was back several times today.

Work was very relaxed; I could catch up on customer service and other small items, and did one of the two modifications left. Not having to slog the long road home meant I could also catch up on some housework that has been delayed in the past two weeks: I washed the kitchen floor, put up a decoration I had bought over a month ago, cleaned off the dining room table and the coffee table, and started to tidy up the craft room. At lunch time I also transferred birthdays into my computer organizer and watched something I had recorded months ago, "The Plow That Broke the Plains," the famous 1936 documentary about the Dust Bowl. Since I recently finished the book The Worst Hard Time I wanted to check out the documentary, as one of the men profiled in the book, Bam White, is shown in the film.

I think we're going to try open windows tonight. Not sure if it's going to work, since I was still sweltering last night with the A/C down to 69.

Labels: , ,