Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, August 17, 2008
Creepy and Not Kooky
Just finished watching the final (as I understand the series is cancelled) episode of the Inspector Lynley Mysteries. Very, very creepy story of an abductor/rapist and his abused wife who has been abused and forced into supporting his lifestyle. Because this is a Lynley story, you know there have to be more twists than that.

I started watching Lynley one of the times I had to stay with my mom after she had surgery. WSBE Channel 36 in Providence doesn't show the PBS Kids shows in the afternoon the way WPBA Atlanta does; instead they show British mysteries and dramas or Britcoms, with some cooking shows, and things like This Old House. All those programs were my respite in a house without cable television on long afternoons when my mom wasn't feeling well. I remember watching a Lynley drama about an Indian or Pakistani girl and The Lost Prince (not to mention endless reruns of CSI on WSBK-38).

Labels: