Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, August 05, 2008
16 Tons
I had my mid-year evaluation today and was astonished at the accolades given to me by my supervisor. From my end it feels like I am drowning in a sea of overdue orders, ever-increasing details, and difficulties that have popped up this year out of nowhere. I'm having trouble swimming against the tide [since we've started this metaphor I'm gonna keep it] and finding it very difficult to concentrate. I managed to finish two orders today, which these days seems a major victory, and got a bunch of supporting documents printed out and labeled to put together with their individual orders. Tomorrow I hope I can make some headway in the current.

And, as Betty Roberts would say, that's as deep into a metaphor as I go.

Labels: