Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, June 13, 2008
Out and About
After getting cool, we went out to hunt up a gaming store James had found. It was in the mall, and was not very extensive. However, the guy was nice and gave James the name of two other gaming/collectors stores, including one that has a mini-golf course in it!

We also stopped in the shopping center next door to go to Hobby Lobby and Books-a-Million. Why is it our Hobby Lobby always reminds me of the line from "Gift of the Magi": "It did not exactly beggar description, but it certainly had that word on the lookout for the mendicancy squad"? This one had so much stock, including wonderful glass jars. I found a nice fall piece that I did not want to risk not finding when we got home, and also a unique Independence Day garland that I had never seen in our store.

I also found a gift for someone in Books-a-Million, so it was a win-win visit.

Now we're waiting to hear from Rodney. We're supposed to go to an award-winning barbecue place for dinner.

Labels: ,