Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, June 08, 2008
Home Alone
Well, as alone as you can get with Schuyler scolding occasionally and Willow looking pathetic because James isn't here.

He went off to work while I went back to get Mr. Monk in Outer Space and also Murder in Chinatown, the new Victoria Thompson Sarah Brandt mystery. On the way home I stopped at CVS with my Cares coupon, which was about to expire. Got a paper and some healthy nibbles for the upcoming trip: Kashi granola bars and "Tasty Little Crackers," to go along with the Odwalla bars I got yesterday at Harry's. We have bottled water to keep us hydrated without having to take advantage of junk.

When I got home I gave a sour look at the fuzzy television picture Schuyler was watching and went through the menu to find the autoprogram for the channels. It zipped through and...amazing...now all the High-Def channels are showing up, and in excellent reception. The only HD not showing up is Georgia Public Television. I was surprised at this as they are always talking about being HD. According to Antennaweb, it's because the transmitter is in Athens. Well, great. Unfortunately WPBA is doing fundraising, so there's no relief from them.

However, I did find something on one of WSB's alternate channels (I don't know what they call these things...side channels?...they're at .1, .2, etc.). It is showing something called Retro Television Network; this afternoon I have watched Wild Wild West, Emergency, two episodes of The Monkees, and now Marcus Welby is on. They also show Matlock, Magnum PI, Mission Impossible, Cannon, Love: American Style, Bonanza, Rawhide, The Fugitive, Hogan's Heroes, Get Smart, and a bunch of other detective, Western, and comedy programs.

Labels: ,