Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, June 18, 2008
The Electronic Press
This caught my eye since a friend of mine brought her new Sony reader with her to Timegate, and another person there had a Kindle.

Are We Spell-Bound by E-books?

I've been reading e-books for ages on my PDA, which I've had for nearly six years now, but I get my books for free on Munseys.com (formerly Blackmask). Naturally, they are not new, but are old kids' serial books, pulp novels, and classics now out of copyright. I enjoy the portrait of society back then that these stories give me, even if some of it (the casual bigotry, odd ideas, etc.) isn't all that palatable.

Labels: