Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Where in the World is Linda's Laptop? The Annoyed Edition
It's still in Louisville, after saying yesterday that it was going to be delivered today (today it just has the shipping date on it). It has so far been held up for a week in Louisville for "brokerage" reasons, which we researched on the web and found out it meant it needed to clear customs, but this only took a day or two.

In the meantime it has been import scanned ten times and also had two notes on it that "the package was missorted at the hub; it has been rerouted to the correct destination site." Obviously not, since I still don't have it. So I called up UPS, who told me it hadn't been missorted, but I need to have Lenovo call up UPS to have it released from customs or some such nonsense. I called Lenovo and they told me they needed to call UPS to get them to release it from customs.

Why do I get the feeling I'm in this unbroken circle?

You know, I never did like UPS, ever since they damaged a bunch of my books that my mom shipped down to me...

Labels: