Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Sending Clear Signals
LOL. I am teleworking today and it is cool, so I took a few minutes to throw open all the windows and turn on the fans in our bedroom and in the front windows before sitting down again at my desk and delving into a purchase order. Suddenly one of the woodpeckers began drumming outside, presumably on the side of the house since it was so close. They do this to attract a mate, I've read, not to look for food.

Even with the door open, it was particularly loud, so I went to the door to see if I could see where he was drumming. Smart fellow!—he hadn't chosen the wood of the deck or the vinyl of the siding, but was industriously drumming at the one item that gave him the best echo: the rain gutters! Clever boy!

Labels: ,