Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, April 03, 2008
Wedged Between Two "Heat Waves"
We are having a respite from spring temps today—yesterday was in the 70s and so tomorrow should be, but right now it is a grey and chilly 59°F. Since I have to work there is no chance to pull on my jacket and go out and enjoy it, although I am hoping to walk at lunchtime. Missed it yesterday because the Dish guy showed up just as Rick Steves' Europe was ending (how's that for timing?), but we did take a "half walk" about 6:30. There was a nice breeze, so it wasn't that bad.

The birds have not heeded the chill. They are in full mating/nesting mode and the shrill song of a robin declaring this to be his territory are in full throat. I heard an unusual song at the feeder this morning and peeked outside to find a sparrow fluttering its wings and cooing sweet nothings to another sparrow.

Labels: , ,