Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, March 10, 2008
Loaded
Or re-loaded, rather. Everything is except for the games, including the things I had not previously loaded when we updated to WindowsXP in January. The mailboxes have personality again. FTP is set up (was working fine when I set it up and now has that odd lag in it again). At this point I don't want to see a Windows Installer screen for a long time. :-)

I also got my wireless mouse hitched up. Apparently the two batteries I put into it yesterday were not working. Some games are much better played without a tail on the mouse.

[Oh, I found out how to change the pictures on the WindowsXP welcome screen. Previously James had a generic airplane and I had a snowflake. Now he has a F-104 Starfighter and I have Lassie. <g> I like doing stuff like this. Back when we had to start Win3.1 from the DOS prompt, I had the computer, which was nicknamed "Sam," rigged so the DOS prompt said "I am Sam, Sam I am, I do not like green eggs and ham."]

Labels: