Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, February 21, 2008
Damp and Chill
It's been raining all day, and, although it isn't very cold out (45°F most of the day), the chill is seeping in more than it did back when it was in the 20s outside. I finally gave up and bumped the thermostat up to 69 since my feet feel like little blocks of ice despite thick fuzzy socks. Even my fingers are cold despite working on my second summary for FedBizOpps. I just finished up a bit of leftover steak and Rice'a'Roni for lunch and was munching a small biscuit while watching the rain fall on the chimney of the house next door. Hoping for a good rainfall to restore the depletion of Lakes Lanier and Allatoona. I don't care if I ever get to water the lawn—if God means the grass to grow, He will make it rain—but I sure would like to wash off those dirty chairs in the back yard!

Despite the wet the birds are flocking to the feeder, mostly the usual crowd of the two different nuthatches, chickadees, sparrows and titmice, but I did spy the wren and the pine warblers out there as well. I love the chickadees in their little dapper suits and the wren with his upturned tail!

They are playing the Star Wars theme on Sirius Pops, which is the background theme du jour and in my head I am totting up the errands tomorrow, which include a run to the library (one of my interlibrary loans is in, Fans, Bloggers and Gamers by Henry Jenkins). I am fit to be tied that I will no longer be able to find the yogurt I like while I am out. I have searched three grocery stores and the WalMart and it appears none of them are carrying/Yoplait has quit carrying my two favorite flavors of Whips, the latte and the chocolate/chocolate mint. All that is left in the stores are those abysmal fruit-flavor mixes. I love fruit, but I want to eat it "straight." I certainly don't want it mixed with sugar ick as it looks like the remainder of the Whips are; two of the three flavors left are "[fruit name] and cream," which generally means they are either treacly sweet or that nauseating mixture of sour and sweet that is supposed to pass for tasty. I'm sure the orange and cream tastes like a Dreamsicle. ::shudder::

On the other hand, I'm glad it's Friday so we'll be able to catch the end of "Mr. Monk is on the Run," which I found notable for its casting: on opposites sides we have the "two Alan Shepards." (Scott Glenn, playing the sheriff that has blackmailed Adrian Monk, was Alan Shepard in The Right Stuff, and Ted Levine, Captain Stottlemeyer, was Alan Shepard in From the Earth to the Moon. I wonder if they laughed over that during the filming!)

Oh, well, back to work.

Labels: , , , ,