Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, November 18, 2007
Sole Sunday
James had to work today (his day off is Thanksgiving; duh) and Willow is lying gloomily in her crate because Daddy is gone. (He got the rotten shift, too, noon to nine, the only advantage to this being we got to sleep late.)

I've been tidying at present and trying to forget how nauseated I feel. A few months ago, although I eat the Lower Sugar Maple and Brown Sugar Quaker Oatmeal which only has 4g of sugar, I decided to buy a box of the Weight Control version. This uses malitol and sorbitol in place of real sugar.

All I can say is...ugh. When you open the packet of the Lower Sugar oatmeal, it smells like oats with a faint hint of cinnamon/maple. When you open the Weight Control, it smells like a sugar bowl. It literally turns my stomach. When you mix it up, it turns to sticky glop, no matter how much water you add.

Still, I haven't wanted to waste it, so this morning since it was going to be my lunch as well, I mixed up a packet of the Weight Control with a packet of the Lower Sugar, so now I'm sick to my stomach. The heck with "use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." I'll do without. Out in the trash it goes. It might be edible if I was starving to death, but that's about it.

Labels: