Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, November 26, 2007
It's Still Raining
Not hard, not enough, but some. Made driving a bit treacherous this morning; I don't think anyone around here remembers how to drive in the rain. Someone cut in front of me and I slammed on the brakes, only to have the car start to skid and the ground scrape, but I reacted quickly enough and remembered to tap them rather than jam. Hairy two seconds, though...seemed longer. <wry grin>

Have cranked up the Christmas carols while I do purchase orders; musically, it's my favorite time of the year. I wait all year long for 24-hour carols. Finally gave the new Mannheim Steamroller CD a good listen this morning—disappointing. Maybe it's just because the first two were so novel, but I think the early arrangements were more inventive and memorable. Also...I love Johnny Mathis; I have his classic Christmas album as an LP. Don't mind Olivia Newton-John or Chip Davis. But when I listen to Mannheim Steamroller, I want instrumentals. Not interested in vocals.

Labels: ,