Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, November 10, 2007
Confetti Check, Part the Second
We had a great time. We had chicken cacciatore with bread, chips and various dips, fruit, two-bite brownies, and John's pineapple upside down cake, then spent the rest of the evening playing Chronology, which is a great game. Each player gets a card on which is a year and then an event that happened in that year, say 1920 and woman's suffrage in the US. Then a person pulls a card and reads the event only, say the start of the Spanish-American War. The person to that person's left has to say whether it goes before or after their original card (and later on, if between two cards). You go around the table that way. If the person on the left can't answer the question, it goes on to the next person until someone answers correctly. Whomever answers correctly gets the card. First person with ten cards wins. Much fun was had by all.

Oh, forgot to mention I did something very old fashioned today: I bought a watch. I haven't had one since the one my dad bought me in 1985 stopped working. It has Arabic numerals in an interesting cursive font and a moon phases dial and of course a second hand. I don't like the faux alligator patent leather wristband, but that can be taken care of at a later date.

Labels: ,