Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, November 23, 2007
Black Friday, Ho!
Christmas Book LinkThey had a laptop at Best Buy for $300.00. James was Really Tempted, but he had to work today. I was tempted, but I wasn't getting up at 2:00 a.m. to get in line at Best Buy, God help me.

I did get up at six, my usual hour when I don't telework. Yesterday while the Macy's parade went from Columbus Circle to Herald Square, I was looking through sales flyers, cutting out what I was interested in, and labeling the cutouts with a notation of what store it was.

The only thing I really wanted I got first: I went directly to Staples on Dallas Highway and got a second memory card for my camera. It was half the price of the original. We never did get a Staples flyer yesterday—I'd found out about the sale on the Black Friday website—so I didn't know something else was on sale for the same price, something that James might find useful. Everyone in line was very nice and we were joking back and forth about having been directed to the wrong place for both these objects.

I ran next door to Target because I had seen they had Shrek the Third on sale and I had a coupon for it, too. I also bought National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, which I've never seen in its entirety, since it was on sale for $6.

Next I headed down to Belk, also on Dallas Highway. This is a store I never go in, so I had to be directed to where they had the Hometics heat massage unit for your neck. My arthritis is getting worse and causing me headaches, and I thought it would be useful.

Nipped in across the street at the Avenue at West Cobb, a bit of a break from the madding crowd, but it was after eight and I had to hurry up to Town Center if I wanted to use my Michael's coupon. This was good even on sale items, so I got some trees for our Christmas village and some other small things. Next I went to JoAnn for some winter-oriented decorations I'd seen the last time I was there (their coupon was the same, even good on sale items), and then to Bed, Bath & Beyond. I had a 20 percent off the entire purchase coupon, but there wasn't much I wanted there. I did get some potpourri pine scent to put under the Christmas tree since we can't have the real thing.

And then...I went to the mall. I said that if I found a close parking space in what looked like almost SRO space in the parking lot, I'd stop. Someone pulled out of a space near Sears just as I decided this. A sign!

I found a gift for my mother-in-law at Sears and also bought a couple of half-price, inexpensive gadgets for the car. The big purchase was a "handmade" patchwork quilt in a star pattern and fall colors; all the quilts were on sale $35 no matter which size. I am usually too warm under our comforter and it's beginning to look a little worse for wear. In fact, I'm hoping with the lighter cover I can actually start wearing flannel jammies again. I'm just wondering if I will be able to sleep with the lighter weight because I am so used to the comforter. We'll see. I hope it will work, since it looks very pretty on the bed.

By then it was noon and I headed home. I didn't have the BJs coupon for the discount Prilosec anyway. :-) Discovered when I got home that I will have to exchange Shrek the Third since I got the (yeech) full screen version.

The best thing that happened? When I got in the door and called to Schuyler she chirped back. That's better than all the quilts on earth. :-)

Labels: ,