Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, October 08, 2007
A Stitch in Time...Creates Aggravation
I'd planned to not go out today, except perhaps to get some gasoline, and do some crafts, but have ended up starting and half completing a long-delayed sewing project. This started when I discovered one of the hems on James' trousers had come completely unstitched. Since I had all the equipment out anyway, including the ironing board and iron, I blithely went into the project knowing it would take me some time, since I don't have a sewing machine and must hand-stitch, but didn't think it would take three and a half hours! Not to mention only being half finished!

I stick to my assertion that I'd rather scrub the bathroom than sew! I don't know how people who quilt do it, in that crouched position for hours. Leaves my neck stiff and my bones aching. I stretched out by putting up some laundry.

I'm going to start the second half in a few minutes and do just enough that I can put up the iron and board. James is working on Saturday so perhaps I can force myself to sit down and finish it. Now that I know what I'm doing, it may go a little shorter.

Labels: