Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, September 28, 2007
A Whole Lotta Catching Up to Do
Friday Five

Trying not to go back too far.

1. Have you ever considered running away from home?

Nope. Threatened to once, because my mom wouldn't listen to me, but never really meant it. Where would I go?

2. Have you ever actually run away from home? (If so, for how long?)

Nope.

3. What would make you want to run away from home?

Abuse.

4. What would you do if a friend ran away to your house?

Talk him or her into going home (or if they were experiencing physical or mental abuse, going to the police or assistance.

5. If you were going to run away from home, where would you go?

Somewhere cool! :-)

1. Did you write a list to Santa when you were little? Do you write a Christmas present wish list now?

Well, sure. How would my parents have known what to get me? I don't do lists anymore; I just hint. (Like The War book on sale at BJs.)

2. What are the top 10 things on your list this year?

Ten? Yow. I want a copy of The War and the new Mannheim Steamroller Christmas album. I am (cross fingers) hoping to buy myself a new camera, maybe on Black Friday. Now if someone wanted to buy me a nice big memory card for it...that would be nice. LOL.

3. What are the three (or 1, 2, 4, 5) best presents you ever received as a child and why?

Easy: my television (so I wouldn't have to argue with my dad about watching Lost in Space reruns; he hated Dr. Smith but I had a crush on Mark Goddard), my cassette recorder, and my typewriter.

4. What are the top 5 movies you think everyone should see and why?

Why? Because they're excellent or just darn funny: Casablanca, Galaxy Quest, A Christmas Story, Star Wars, The Andromeda Strain.

5. Which comes first, success or happiness? Or, to think of it a different way, does happiness follow success or are you only successful when you achieve happiness? Are they even necessarily related?

I think you can be happy and successful if the success is what you wanted. Some people sacrifice their happiness for success. People can be happy without being "successful," if being successful is defined as having gobs of cash, a big house, a big car, and many expensive material items. For others "success" is just enjoying life.

1. What was the most sick that you've ever been?

I had ovarian cysts that manifested themselves when I was in my senior year of high school. The pain was excruciating. The doctor gave me the strongest pain medication he dared and I was still screaming in pain.

2. What disease are you afraid of getting?

I've had cancer. What could be scarier? I'm afraid it will come back!

3. Are you a big baby when it comes to taking medicine/shots for your illnesses?

No, I had to get allergy shots every two weeks in summer and every four weeks in winter when I was a kid. It didn't bother me. I never minded taking medicine, but since I became allergic to penicillin new medicines bother me at first. I never know how I will react.

4. Is going to the doctor really THAT bad?

Depends on what you are going for. :-) When you have to drink the glop and then get shoved in the machine, that's pretty bad.

5. Would you have the flu twice a month if you were paid $1,000 for having it?

No.

1. Who is your best friend?

Well, James of course. Isn't your husband supposed to be your best friend?

My best girlfriend is Sherrye, but she's all the way in Rhode Island.

2. Why did you become friends?

Well, James was part of the crowd I hung out with. Sherrye liked the same things I did. She was the only one I ever let read my stories.

3. How did you meet?

I met James at Ann's house, the second day I was in Georgia. Sherrye transferred to my school in sixth grade.

4. Why have you stayed friends?

Well, Reader, I married him. LOL. Sherrye and I were both sympatico. We weren't the popular kids, we didn't dress in the latest styles or listen to the latest music (although she was more hip to the contemporary music than I was).

5. How long (realistically) do you think you'll be friends?

Forever, I hope.

Labels: