Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, August 09, 2007
Wow
Just sat down to watch last Friday's Doctor Who and Monk.

After July 27th's Monk, I was ready to chuck the show for good. The whole episode was ridiculous. The August 3 episode was like going from the ridiculous to the sublime. Touches of humor enlivened the drama, but it was a good story and had good character portrayals. Even Randy Disher had just the right amount of goofiness without being a complete airhead.

The epilogue was a bit offbeat and I don't think we ever learned the motive of the crime (simply bumping off a partner?), but I had tears in my eyes at the end from an honest emotion that wasn't simply feeling stupid for wasting an hour of my time.

Labels: