Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, August 09, 2007
Thursday Threesome

Summer things:

::Swimming Pool Pumps::

Onesome: Swimming-- along? Do you swim? Can you swim? Do you like to swim? Do you have a place to swim? I'm drowning in questions here <g>!

I like going in pools, but no, I cannot swim. They tried to teach me long ago, in junior high, bussed every two weeks to the Gladstone Pool. Misery. That's where I got the plantar's wart in my left foot. I would not learn to put my head under water so I couldn't learn to swim. Chlorine irritates my eyes intensely. Besides, I'd have to take my glasses off and then I couldn't see.

Twosome: Pool--? ...or billiards? Have you played either one? ...or would you like to learn?

I've played pool. It was very long ago. I don't know anyone who plays actual billiards, with the red ball and all that. When I read about it in the encyclopedia as a kid I was surprised because I didn't know that game existed. I thought pool was billiards.

Threesome: Pump--ing iron: is that in your reps? ...or does the thought of that style of working out just do you in? Inquiring minds and all that...

I have an exercise bike that works the arms as well as the legs. I have some wrist weights and exercises that can be done with them, but it hurts my elbows where I injured them when we moved from Buckhead to Koger if I do too many of the exercises.