Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.
Contact me at yetanotherjournal (at) mindspring (dot) com
. . . . .
. . . . .
» Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Monday Madness (a day late)
1. Where you live, what kind of weather (or weather-related tragedy) do you fear the most?
Tornadoes. What is it that "Preacher" calls them in Twister? "The finger of God." A well-built enough house not in a flood area or on the shore can survive a hurricane; ours did. You may lose power and some shingles, but it doesn't come suck you up.
2. What kind of weather do you MOST enjoy?
I call it "jacket weather." If it's about 55°F with a breeze, so I can wear sweats and my fleece jacket and maybe my hat...that's nice. Oh, yeah, and partly cloudy.
3. What kind of weather do you LEAST like to drive in?
A rain so hard that you can't see even when the wipers are at top speed. Or as I refer to it, "Georgia Monsoon Season."
4. What is the scariest weather-related experience you've had in your lifetime?
I drove ten and a half miles home from work during the height of the Blizzard of 78. It took two and a half hours and most of the other cars on the road at that time got stuck and were abandoned for the National Guard to dig them out a week later.
5. Share a "weather picture" with us!
Don't have any of my own right now, but check out Elaine's blog. She always has lovely photos. Like this!