Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, August 06, 2007
Gold In Them There Feathers
The weather yesterday fugged me out so much I have forgotten to mention the beautiful thing that happened yesterday morning. I was at the computer and James was sitting facing the dining room windows when he said, "Linda! Look at that yellow bird out there. On top of the mount for the bird feeder!"

Last year we saw yellow and black birds and thought they were goldfinches, but they turned out to be pine siskins. This, however, definitely was a goldfinch: brilliant yellow with glossy black cap and wing markings and white bars. Gorgeous!!!!

Labels: