Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, August 03, 2007
Backlogged Memes
Thursday Threesome

08/03

Net gain:

::Writing your Blog::

Onesome: Writing-- on the web: Do you consider yourself a writer, in that you provide a narrative of some sort? ...or a responder, wherein you primarily work the meme circuit?

No, I write. About nothing, if necessary. Writing's what I do, along with reading. I've been writing stories since I was ten and journaling since 1968. You might as well ask me not to breathe.

Twosome: your-- place: did you do your own design? ...or did you pick out something from the established templates?

I've taken templates and messed with them, which is pick and choose because I don't understand CSS as well as HTML.

Threesome: Blog-- this! What's your favorite type of thing to run across that you just can't wait to get to the computer to post? Photos count, but for the photobloggers (like Laurie and me), what is it that you just know you won't be able to hold on to for even a day?

Oh, items about books or television series that I like.

07/26

From the garden

::Lettuce and tomato::

Onesome: 'Lettuce'-- talk of salads and dressings: Is plain green your thing? ...or do you like 'stuff' mixed in or scattered over the top? ...and how about the dressing: what's leading your list this year?

I love baby greens and also tomato and cucumber salads. Onions are nice but they make me sick. Minimal Bacos are good, too. I have finally found a salad dressing I love, since I can't find the Oriental dressing they used to have at Rockford's when we played trivia. This is Kraft Low Fat Asian Sesame Dressing. Only comes up on me minimally and tastes great.

Twosome: and-- how about those Mets, -eh? Actually, baseball's doing okay this week, with basketball, football and cycling having the problems. Is there any sports news you'd care to comment on?

Sports? What's sports? (Although there's someone I'd like to set a pit bull on...)

Threesome: tomato-- and lettuce: the perfect toppings for that hamburger someone will cook up for you at a Labor Day picnic in another month or so? ...or perhaps you have another set of condiments you like on your meat or tofu?

I like my hamburger and hot dog with ketchup only and then just a little.

Friday Five

1. If you were a fruit, which would you be and why?

Granny Smith Apples, because they're tart and crisp.

2. If you wake up and smell smoke, and you have to get everybody (pets included) out of the house safely, but you have time to grab one item, what would you grab?

Photo boxes.

3. If you were stuck on an island, who would be the one person you would want with you and why?

Well, James. Who else would cook? :-)

4. If you could change one thing about your physical appearance, what would it be?

Honey, I'd need a book. I'd lose weight because it would be healthier for me and I'd probably sleep better.

5. If you could spend the day with one famous person, dead or alive, who would you choose?

Hard. Eleanor Roosevelt during WWII. Or maybe Walt Disney. Very hard question.

Labels: