Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, July 12, 2007
Thursday Threesome

TV or no TV?

::The Food Channel::

Onesome: The-- Food Channel: Yummy Goodness or Food Pr0N? Who do you like to watch (or love to hate <g> )?

We usually watch Food Network if there's nothing else on. I like Unwrapped, with the history of foods, occasionally enjoy Emeril, and love Good Eats because Alton Brown is so off-the-wall. I also like the specials they do at Thanksgiving and Christmas, like the one with Al Roker at Old Sturbridge Village or the Christmas one they did with Giardia about traditional Italian holiday foods.

Twosome: Food-- in the Summer? Cooking in the kitchen? Any tips to beat the heat for those in the gang literally baking in the heat?

James likes to grill. Me, I'll settle for soup warmed up in the microwave. :-)

Threesome: Channel-- some coolness our way: what is your favorite Summertime beverage (yes, mixed drinks work too...).

Del's frozen lemonade (only available in Rhode Island, unless you bought the kit, like we did). We bought some every night when we were cleaning up my Mom's house, just to get cool. I used to love lemon-lime Kool Aid, but they don't make it anymore. I have a few packets stashed in the pantry. Trouble is, I used the lemon-lime to get down that awful stuff I had to take before my surgery, so now I still connect the two. What I miss is Eclipse and, later, Zarex lemon-lime syrup. You didn't have to make a bottle all at once; you just poured a glass of water and put a couple of tablespoons-ful of the syrup in the glass and stirred it up. It was delicious. I've tried other things, like Crystal Light; the taste just isn't the same. :-(

Labels: