Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, July 18, 2007
"A Scathingly Brilliant Idea..."
The storm passed us by and I was finally able to get a copy of The Trouble With Angels on TCM. I've been waiting for it since they haven't shown it for a while and I do not want the DVD because it is pan-and-scan.

(Now if only TCM would have Good Morning, Miss Dove; If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium; and 23 Paces to Baker Street, all widescreen, of course. I have copies of them, but never have seen any of them widescreen. Belgium, especially, must be great widescreen, since it was filmed in Europe.)

There's only 10 minutes left on the disk, and I was about to finalize it when I remembered that TCM is supposed to show the cartoon "The Dot and the Line: A Romance in Lower Mathematics," based on the little Norton Juster (The Phantom Tollbooth) book, in September. I hope I'll be able to catch it and put this at the end of the DVD.

It's not the same as a DVD, but here it is on (where else?) YouTube: "The Dot and the Line: A Romance in Lower Mathematics."

Labels: , ,