Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, July 02, 2007
Monday Madness

1. Do you do your own laundry or do you send it out?

Home. I have a nice front loader now that uses less water and a competent dryer.

2. Do you laundry at your home or a laundromat?

At home. I remember those Thursday nights at the laundromat. Yawn. Thank God for books! (And for the three and a half years I lived on my own, for bookstores right next door to the laundromat.)

3. Are there certain articles of clothing that you need to have dry-cleaned on a regular basis?

I don't buy clothing any more that needs dry cleaning. Even my coat can be washed now.

4. How often do you do laundry? Is there a certain day of the week that you consider "laundry day?"

Once or twice a week. Technically I do it when the laundry basket gets full. It's usually one on Friday and one on Sunday.

5. Do you iron your clothes as you pull them out of the dryer or do you wait until just before you wear the clothing to iron?

Iron? Iron? Isn't that an element? Yeah, here it is on the Periodic Table. Fe, Atomic Number 26. I don't iron anything; I take it out of the washer and hang it up. Occasionally I renew the creases on my work pants.

6. Do you hang your clothes outside to dry or do you dry them in a dryer?

Can't hang them outside; it's against the covenants. Besides, in the summer the air would be too dirty. I put them in the dryer on the minimum number of minutes it will take to dry.

7. Do you own things that need to be hand-washed or do you try to avoid buying things that you can't wash in the washing machine?

The latter. I do hand-wash nylons, but don't wear them much at all. (Last time was at my mother's funeral.)

Labels: