Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, June 28, 2007
Thursday Threesome

From the Paranoia Center:

::Optimize your firewall!::

Onesome: Optimize-- Okay, it's geek time: what do you use to optimize your computer experience? Is there a program or tool or piece of hardware that has made a difference for you?

All wrapped up in a pretty package: WordPerfect. So far up from Word that it gets altitude sickness. :-) Word gives me the fantods. If I hear "normal.dot" complaining at me one more time I'm going to scream. I was crazed yesterday because I had two Word documents that would not close for me via the telework portal, even after I logged out and cold booted because of "normal.dot" and some other damnfool thing they installed, End Text, and nothing else would work properly.

Twosome: your-- firewall, is it a hardware or a software firewall? ...or is that something you leave to someone else to worry about?

Oh, you were talking about firewalls. We have AVG for a virus scanner; you'd have to ask James about the other.

Threesome: Firewall-- appliances and programs stop some stuff, but have you ever had to use a malware removal tool because something slipped in through email or from a web site?

Yeah, on the last computer. We got a fix from Symantec's web site.

Labels: ,