Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, June 25, 2007
Monday Madness

1. How many times a month/year do you see the sunrise?

Used to be five, now it's two (I'm usually driving to work at sunrise, or sometimes before).

2. How many times a week/month do you see the sunset?

Not a lot. Usually in the house, which faces west, but we don't have a main window that faces west, only the two small bedroom windows. We aren't in there at night.

3. Do you go out at night and "gaze" at the stars?

We did when we first bought the house, but now our neighbors insist on keeping their deck lights on all the time (I do mean all the time, even through the night).

4. Do you ever look for star clusters, such as the big dipper, etc?

Oh, sure. My mom and dad showed me how to do that from when I was little. On cold nights, even with the streetlight in the front yard, you can still see the stars from our driveway. I can pick out Casseopeia and Orion, too.

5. Do you look for planets at night (with or without a telescope)?

I don't go searching for them, but if there is a particularly bright "star" I will try to find out what it is.

6. Are you able to see the northern lights where you live? If so, about how often do they come around?

I've never seen the aurora. That would be cool.

7. Do you like going outside during a thunderstorm and watching the lightning?

Yes. We did that a lot last summer when it rained; sat out on the front porch, absorbed the breeze, and watched the storm. A couple of times Willow sat out with us, even though she is afraid of thunder. I figure she thinks we're a bit crazy.

8. Do you have any really neat weather pictures? PLEASE, feel free to share them!

Somewhere I have a lovely sunset pic I took from the front steps of our house when I was a kid, and there's a wonderful fiery autumn tree, blazing color even in a rainstorm, in, of all places, a rest stop in Plattsburgh, NY, but I'd have to hunt them up. Old-fashioned print photos, you know. :-)

Labels: