Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, June 17, 2007
Daddy's  Danny's Day
James was off for another Sunday at work. Since the house is clean, I did a few errands (went to fetch the paper at Publix while recycling the plastic bags and also picked up some pineapple tidbits for James' lunch) and took advantage of one less vehicle present to sweep out the garage. Now I appear to be having a Danny Kaye festival, playing the new On the Riviera DVD, which comes with a marvelous 26-minute profile of Kaye that features his daughter and even shows his specially-designed Chinese kitchen (besides being a singer, dancer, comedian and humanitarian for Unicef, Kaye also was a jet-rated pilot and a gourmet chef). Now I'm going to put on Merry Andrew, which I recorded from TCM last year. I can't remember if I've seen it before. If I have, it's been a while.

I had a salad for lunch and offered Schuyler one of the leaves, but she would have none of it. I let her have a little millet instead.

Labels: , , ,