Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, June 08, 2007
Awwww, Nuts...
This morning I plugged in the new phonograph, hoping to play Mom's records for a while.

The sound doesn't work! I've heard these things play in Linens'n'Things on the display and know the sound isn't bad (it's not "wide-screen Dolby stereophonic," but 78 records aren't up to that anyway). If you turn the volume all the way up you can hear the strongest stations on the radio if you stand right next to the unit. I put one of Mom's records on and I could hear Bing Crosby whispering in the background if I put my ear right up to the speaker.

Oh, well, I didn't toss the receipt...

Labels: ,