Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, May 17, 2007
Thursday Threesome

From late night movies

::"Alien versus Predator"::

Onesome: Alien-- movies and paranormal horror stuff: your cup of tea? ...or did Mary Poppins just about take you to the limits on films?

Actually, The Wizard of Oz was my problem. I couldn't watch it when I was very small because the witch gave me nightmares. I never was fond of horror movies. I've watched a couple that Sam Neill did, like The Final Conflict and Possession, but Event Horizon and In the Mouth of Madness defeated me. I couldn't even get through Dead Calm without hyperventilating. I did watch Aliens once—but people getting intubated and having giant needles stuck into them on House is about as close to horror as I want to get.

Twosome: versus-- ...related to some of last week's answers: Do you ever go to the movies versus staying at home and waiting to rent them or see them on the tube?

We haven't gone to the movies since The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Waiting for Order of the Phoenix. Otherwise, eh.

Threesome: Predator-- pricing at the theatres: how are the prices locally for you? Can you afford an evening show and popcorn? ...or is it a matinee with a bottle of water smuggled in?

I haven't gone to a movie at night for...years. What's the price now anyway? Wait...that's the question. :-) Honestly, I don't know. We always go to matinees.

Labels: