Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, April 26, 2007
Thursday Threesome

From the advertising department:

::The Cola Wars?::

Onesome: The-- marketing of goods and services. ...and the things they do to try to get us to buy their products! Are there any advertisments or commercials that really stand out to you right now?

I'm the world's worst commercial watcher. I never notice who the sponsor is. If the commercial is clever, I remember it, but not the sponsor. When Liberty Mutual did their lovely "pay it forward" "Responsibility" commercial, it took me forever to find out who did the commercial because I'd only paid attention to the music and the visuals.

There is one that grates on me right now: it's for some pet supply (dog food?). The guy calls his dog "Mr. Barky-Buns Schnauzer."

If I were the dog, I'd bite him.

Twosome: Cola-- cola, cola: which cola do you drink? ...or do you? ...or the UnCola? (Do you remember that ad campaign?)

Yes, I remember it. But I hate cola. I pretty much hate soda. My pediatrician did not believe in giving children soda, so I never drank it unless there was nothing else to drink, like at the beach. So I never got a taste for it, except for Warwick Club lemon-lime soda—and I always loathed the carbonation even if I like the flavor. I still prefer milk.

Threesome: Wars?-- Are there any good advertising wars going on in your area? Burgers, newspapers, ISPs?

It's very possible, but as I said, I don't pay much attention to commercials.

Labels: