Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, April 04, 2007
The Patter of Little Feet -- Mark 2
James was in the kitchen having started breakfast and I was approaching the doorway to the kitchen when I looked down on the nice bright white woodwork...

ONE STORY OFF THE GROUND AND THE LITTLE BUGGERS STILL GET IN.

Yes, we have ants again. (I'd say I can't believe this, but my supervisor's office at work has ants. And we're on the third floor.)

Yep, they'd come in through the back door and were marching along the baseboard until they reached the door, turned the corner around it and were under the baker's rack, then turning the corner heading for the dog's bowl, which was empty. They were mostly gathered under the trash can. On Monday I thought I saw a dark bug scuttling away from her food bowl, but I couldn't tell what it was. There was nothing crawling near her food or water yesterday when I refilled her water. They were probably making their way there by then, though.

I didn't catch any on the baseboard near the pantry, but did find some under the cart, hiding under James diet A&W and Coke Zero and as we were pulling the stuff away from the wall a few came wandering out midfloor. Argh! So I have sprayed all the baseboard where I've seen them, and around the door, where they were coming in. It's too wet on the deck to spray right now.

Bother. Now I feel itchy...

Labels: