Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, March 27, 2007
We Got Powder!
Unfortunately it isn't the kind that's good for skiing.

It's as if every pine tree in Atlanta exploded. It was okay over the weekend, then I strolled out to the car at lunch yesterday and found it had turned from purple to yellow. This is the second day in a row I've rinsed it off when I got home. When I take Willow out to the back yard, my shoes turn yellow. The porch is yellow, the steps are yellow, the driveway is yellow. I have to wipe my shoes and Willow's feet off with the dishtowel in the foyer usually reserved for paws on rainy days.

So in a way it's providential that it got warm, since I would feel like I was wasting electricity if I had the A/C on when it was cooler. This way the fans are not pulling all that nasty yellow dust into the house. It took us ages to clean it all up last year.

Time for the sign again:

WELCOME TO THE ATLANTA POLLEN FESTIVAL
Please hold your breath.

Labels: ,