Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, March 12, 2007
Time Out
Back when we were looking for things for the new house, James and I found an incredible deal on these Neverlate 7-Day Alarm Clocks at Linens'n'Things. They were selling them off for $10 each. We were looking for a new dual alarm system like the one that we had that was dying, but this was a better deal.

The main advantage to these clocks is that you can set it for a different time for each day of the week. It would be perfect for a student or someone who had a variable schedule. I don't make much use of it because I must get up at the same time every morning when I do go in to work. However, James sets his alarm early on the days I go into work, but on the days I work at home I shut my alarm off and we both get up at the same time, a half hour after the other rising date. We can also set the Saturday and/or Sunday alarms without worrying that we will forget to change the alarm back for the workweek.

However, I did discover something you had to watch for when turning the clocks forward. I did that procedure on Saturday night a little after eleven, turning both alarms from 11:10 p.m. to 12:10 a.m. Unfortunately I forgot that I also had to switch the clock from Saturday to Sunday, so this morning my clock still thought it was Sunday!

So there went an hour's annual leave. :-) Luckily, though, I could reset James' alarm so he wouldn't be late, too.

Labels: