Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, March 15, 2007
Thursday Threesome

From an old Diet Coke commerical

::Starry Eyed Surprise::

Onesome: Starry-- skies above? Can you see stars in the sky at night? ...or are you over whelmed by city lights? (...or blocked by trees?)

Pretty much overwhelmed by lights, but we can see the main stars in the usual Northern Hemisphere constellations. Since we have a streetlight right in front of our house, it's bad out there. The deck used to be better, but the folks next door love their deck and back yard and always have their porch and floods on. Makes it harder.

Twosome: "Eyed"-- wondered how well we all see: Glasses? Contacts? Nothing? Just curious...

Glasses since fifth grade. I started having trouble seeing the blackboard and my best friend noticed that when the teacher wrote assignments, I would sometimes have to get up to get a closer squint at her writing, so she told my mother. Next thing I knew we were downtown at the Alice Building where I had my eyes examined and my glasses fitted. I still remember the first time I wore glasses. The Alice Building was built early in the century and still had one of those big staircases leading upstairs. Since I was afraid of elevators, we came down the stairs instead (I don't remember the doctor's name; I think he was on the third floor—very old-fashioned office building like you see in 1930s-1940s movies, with the narrow corridors and doors with frosted glass panels in them and the business names painted in black and gold on the doors) and when I came out the front door of the building, right on to Westminster Street, the first thing I saw was the big red WOOLWORTH sign. I exclaimed, "Mommy, I didn't know the world was so bright!" Everything had edges. It was amazing.

Threesome: Surprise-- birthday parties? Are you into them? ...or do you dread someone pulling one on you?

I like going to them. I guess I'd like having one. No one's ever pulled that on me.

Labels: ,