Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Spring Has Sprung...
...and all that. A very sunny day, warm and in the 70s, but with a good breeze so it didn't get too overwhelming. The doors and windows are all flung wide open to catch the air. Lunched to Rick Steves wandering about Bath and York, then Willow and I went for our usual walk, I did a load of laundry, and some bends and stretches before getting back to work.

Work is...frustrating. Doing government purchasing is like being asked to cover the outfield in baseball with hobbles on your legs. You can make a catch now and then, but it takes a lot more effort to do so. Working at home helps: I can walk around when I am trying to think of how to tell someone they won't get what they need because there are more hoops to go through, and I have George Winston and Native American flute music to keep me on an even keel.

After work I did some quick bookcase switching downstairs and finally relegated the foam fold-up extra bed to the library. It's too big to sit in the bay, but should work okay in another location when that gets rearranged. I'm going to put one of the bookshelves that I built into the spare bedroom, with some of my favorite books tucked in it, like the John Verney Callendar family novels, Nick O'Donohoe's Crossroads books, etc. Finally unpacked the rest of the photo boxes, too, so the last box really is gone.

And St. Joseph and his fruit have been retired from the china cabinet shelf in favor of a spring sign, a china sheep made of flowers, two lambs, and a spring rabbit.

My "restore-the-Christmas-ornaments" project is in mediocre shape. I am trying to replace the glitter that lies lengthwise on these six long ornaments that used to be on my Mom's tree. I can't seem to lay the glue in a thin enough line to keep it from dripping on one side or the other, and the glitter is driving me mad. I haven't used glitter since my teen years and it's grown much, much finer. The purple has been the worst. It is so susceptible to static electricity that I can't even properly sweep it back up off the craft table and into a paper for pouring back into the bottle. It sticks to my hands, has coated the table with a fine film of sparkle, and even sticks to the paper. I'm really glad I'm finally done with the one purple ornament and only have the red one to go.

Labels: , , ,