Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, March 10, 2007
On the Road
So much for the cloudy day with showers with a high of 61°F. I know it was in the 70s and only bearable when we were driving.

I was still looking for a St. Joseph statue, so we searched for a Catholic store that was supposed to be close by, but evidently it had moved long ago, although the sign was still out front. We just gave up, and, after a visit to the hobby shop, drove out to Conyers. We tread downtown carefully, since there is some type of sports event and also the big car show today, but didn't have any trouble with traffic. It was too warm, but otherwise nice: the sky that smudgy, low-contrasty blue that it gets when temperatures rise.

We stopped at the Hobby Lobby in Conyers on our way there and I found some inexpensive Easter signs to use on the front porch. They even had something religious; a nice Irish-looking cross with flowers in front of it.

The monastery was serene and lovely as usual. I found a small St. Joseph's statue to make my St. Joseph's table with—check out Holiday Harbour for a photo. They also had two lovely small fall-oriented stained glass pieces. I especially wanted the autumn woods scene but couldn't think of anywhere to keep it where the light would shine through it so the design would show through, so regretfully left it behind. I also bought a liturgical cookbook (recipes to go with each event of the church calendar) and some "Bible bread," which is flatbread. It came in several flavors; I chose honey. It will probably go well with the pumpkin butter—or maybe even the mint jelly—we bought at the Yellow Daisy Festival.

James got three jars of the Abbey jam which will probably keep him through the year.

We came home past Ikea to pick up two more bookcases; unfortunately they did not have the extra shelves for that particular color bookcase that we needed because this set was supposed to be for the paperbacks. I have a number to call to see when they are coming in. If it's not for a while we can do the opposite side of the room just as well. On the way to Ikea we stopped at Sam Flax, the art supply store, to see if they had an "O" ring for James' airbrush. Surprisingly, they didn't have any airbrush supplies, which was odd because they had everything else. :-) I haven't been in a good art supply store since Binders moved from Lindbergh Plaza and I'd forgotten how much I loved being around all that paper and all those pens! They also had quite a large amount of scrapbooking supplies.

I had one of the Trader Joe Asian noodle bowls for supper. It was good, but really could have used another tablespoon of the sauce! To say there was a paucity of sauce doesn't describe it.

And then came McBride and then wildly racing around the house changing clocks so I don't have to do it later on. I removed all the auto DST options from the computers and VCRs. For my PDA I didn't see a DST option, so I set it on Indiana time since they don't do DST and the clock won't change.

Labels: , , , , , ,