Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, March 08, 2007
"It Might as Well Be Spring..."
Especially when it gets up to 72°F.

It was a normal day here at Chez Young, despite the continued problem with the telephone. (They are all unplugged right now except for the one in the spare room, which I replugged in to test and can't pull out the connector again. But before it got plugged in again, I tried all the phones one at the time. I even tried the library phone in the phone jack in James' hobby room, which has never been used. Nothing. Just a neverending hiss on the line, as if it's in use. I even unplugged the jack for the DSL connection. That wasn't it, either.)

The squirrels continue to assault the bird feeder, although I have scattered pepper liberally on the seed. Apparently they like spicy food. And I really have to laugh, since, because the feeder is hung from a thin hanger, to get to the food the squirrel has to hang upside down, like a trapeze performer. They look absurd. Willow ran out there twice, chasing the "cats," then got bored with the whole thing.

Did discover one thing: we have at least two red-bellied woodpeckers—one was at the feeder today while the other attacked the suet cake. They are very wary; all the other birds will let me photograph them from the window, but these guys flee the moment they see a movement in the glass. Because it was warm I had the back door open and Pidgie watched in wonder as his wild cousins flitted to and from the feeder.

Willow, incidentally, has gotten quite used to the teleworking routine. Today I had my lunch while watching Rick Steves' Europe (London! The British Museum! The Tower of London! ::drool::) and then brought my container (lunch was leftover barbecue chicken wings and potatoes) to the kitchen. When I turned around, there was Miss Willow at the top of the steps waiting for me! "I have to put my shoes on, Willow." ::blink:: "Hold on a minute." ::blink::

Once I had my shoes on she was doing the pogo-stick routine at the door. We had the usual sojourn to the back yard and then once around the neighborhood. Lots of people home. Not sure if folks just work night shift or if there are other teleworkers; I thought for sure I saw a home office and computer on in one open window.

Labels: , , , ,