Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, March 30, 2007
Friday Five

1. If you had to choose being blind or deaf, what would you choose and why?

Neither sounds appealing, but deaf, I think. I could still read without having to learn Braille or resort to books on tape and could read closed captions when they had them.

But I wouldn't be able to hear James, or Pidgie or birdsong or Christmas music or George Winston or Rupert Holmes...so that is hard.

2. What is the best smell?

Freshly baked Italian bread...drool...after that, gingerbread.

3. Would you rather be hot or cold?

Cold...cold...cold. You can put more clothing on when you're cold, or use a heating pad. When you're hot there's only so much you can take off; when you get down to your skin and you're still warm, you've run out of options (unless you're like Sidney Smith who Seigfried Farnon quotes in "Merry Gentlemen": "Heat, ma'am! It was so dreadful here, that I found there was nothing left for it but to take off my flesh and sit in my bones"; I think of that quote often in the summer!).

4. What's the worst feeling in the world?

Knowing that you or someone you care for is very ill.

5. Would you rather have something hurt or something be itchy?

Hurt. I can take an aspirin. Almost nothing makes an itch go away. In fact I've had itches that hurt.

Labels: